Welcome back, friends! I hope you missed me just enough over the weekend to make this grand reveal exciting. (If you're checking this post out in a reader, I'd suggest you pop over to the actual site.) Here's what's new for Chocolate & Cream Cake:
First: You likely noticed this right away, but I've updated the design of the blog, going from three columns to two, changing up the typeface in the header and removing any barriers between the blog content and the background. The new design shouldn't be entirely unfamiliar—there's still a bit of graph paper and the old color scheme has been expanded, but not really changed. I think the changes make the blog a bit cleaner and, hopefully, easier to navigate.
Thank you to the following blogs (and the women behind them) for providing me with inspiration for the new design: A Safe Mooring, My Life As a Teacup, Campfire Chic, Maiedae, Kyla Roma and Creature Type. <3
Second: If you'll check out the URL box above *Vanna White motion*, you might notice that there's no longer a .blogspot in the address. I finally got around to buying an official C&CC domain name! Fancy, right? Everything should transfer/redirect fine, but if you have any issues with feeds, let me know.
Third: Traveling down to just below the URL is the new navigation bar. Most of the options are pretty self-explanatory, but just to be clear:
- HOME—Clicking this will take you back to the main page.
- ABOUT—This will take you to an updated "about me" page from which you can also access the "about C&CC page" that tells the backstory of the blog's name.
- CONTACT—This will take you to a page that pretty much only includes my email address. Which, thanks to the new domain, has also been updated; it's now email@example.com.
- 30 BEFORE 30—This will take you to my original "30 Before 30" post on which you can watch my progress with the project.
- OTHER READS—This will take you to a page full of my favorite blogs to read. I hope to update it on a pretty regular basis.
Fourth: Mouse over an image in any blog post and a Pinterest icon will pop up in the top right hand corner. This will make it easier for those of you who find something in one of my posts that you'd like to pin.
Fifth: The new sidebar combines many elements of the two I had previously:
- My new photo links to the ABOUT page.
- The social media and follow icons below the photo will help you stay connected with both C&CC and me on a variety of networks. (I'm particularly pleased with the hover feature of these images!)
- The BLOG SERIES links will lead you to archives of the various series.
- MY NERDY WORLD features a slideshow of my Instagram feed.
- You can find links to my various other projects under OTHER PROJECTS.
- The links under CONTRIBUTORS will lead you to bios of C&CC's two main contributors, The Mister and TGG.
- The ads underneath FRIENDS OF C&CC will lead you to some of the great blogs I've swapped ads with.
- The links below BLOG ARCHIVE will help you take a look back at the posts that have come before. (I'm not totally satisfied with the way this looks, so it might change in the near future if I can come up with something I like better.)
Finally: I hope you'll do a little bit of exploring to see what all C&CC v3.0 has to offer. Please let me know if there's something amiss, something that you love or something that you really don't like. I want to make sure that this is the best version yet!
Check back tomorrow for a post explaining a few changes I've made content-wise, a list of the blogs that I used as inspiration PLUS a special way to celebrate the start of C&CC's fourth year.