You might have noticed that I'm using this first week of 2013 to look back at the previous year. Continuing with that theme, let's take a look at a list of things I wanted to accomplish in 2012, shall we? Although I didn't complete everything, I did cross most things off the list!
- Starting a 30 before 30 list. Done!
- Losing the 15ish more pounds I need to lose to reach the goal I tentatively set in 2011. Not done. But I've maintained, not gained, so that's something.
- Crafting more. Possibly even revamping my Etsy shop. I didn't make enough time for this this year. I did, however, start a Pants Design RedBubble shop, which is a step in the proper direction.
- Coming up with new—dare I say, innovative?—content for this blog. And holding more giveaways, just because. I held four giveaways this year and introduced three new blog features: Geek of the Week, A Life More Pinteresting and Fictional Fancies. (If any of you are interested in being a Geek of the Week or writing up a Fictional Fancy, let me know?)
- Watching more awesome movies. I saw 16 movies in theaters in 2012: The Hunger Games, The Cabin in the Woods, The Pirates! Band of Misfits, The Avengers, Prometheus, The Amazing Spider-Man, Brave, The Dark Knight Rises, Total Recall, The Expendables 2, The Bourne Legacy, Looper, Skyfall, Breaking Dawn: Part 2, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and Rise of the Guardians. (If you're interested, you can check out my reviews in my Haiku Revieu feature; Rise of the Guardians HR to come.)
- Taking trips. The Mister and I traveled to NYC/Connecticut/Pennsylvania in October and Portland in December.
- Making time for books. I read a lot of books ... but I didn't keep well enough track to tell you exactly what those books were or exactly how many I read, although according to Goodreads I read at least 15. (Note to self: Keep better track in 2013.)
- Mass Effect 3. Done! I liked it a lot. Haven't played any of the DLC, though. I need to.
- Expanding my online presence. I created a personal website in February and one for Pants Design in August. They're pretty basic at the moment; perhaps I can make them better this year.
- Making new friends and trying to be more social here in the blogosphere, while working toward bettering the acquaintance-ships and friendships I already have. I've made new friends this year, but I can always work toward being a better online friend and blogger by connecting, commenting and reading more. I just need to make the time!
- Riding my bike. I might have ridden it once. Whoops.
- Trying new things. What those things will be, I'm not sure, but that's inherent in the "new" portion of this idea, right? I participated in 10 months of #photoaday on Instagram, took Zumba classes, discovered I actually like Indian food, tried stencil bleaching, featured guest posts here on C&CC, started a new collection (of Funko POP! vinyl toys) and more.
How about you, friends—did you complete any goals during 2012? Have you made a list for 2013? I'm not making a specific list for 2013 since I'll be working on my 30 for 30, and I'm thinking that will keep me plenty busy.