Let's jump right in, shall we?
In movie news:
- Three actors—Garret Hedlund (TRON Legacy), Armie Hammer (The Social Network) and Taylor Kitsch (Battleship, haha)—are currently rumored to be in the running to play Finnick Odair in Catching Fire. Robert Pattinson, you'll notice, is not in that list. Also, the official title of the movie will be The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. (That's just silly.)
- Here's some news on Thor 2: Mads Mikkelsen (Clash of the Titans) has singed on to play a villain (alongside Loki, natch), and here's some info on who the big bad might be.
- Marvel Entertainment President Kevin Feige also recently discussed Iron Man 3.
- Anthony Hopkins has joined the cast of Red 2.
- Simon Pegg says Benedict Cumberbatch won't be playing who we thought he would be playing after it was said that he wouldn't be playing that guy. Really, I think none of us will know who any of the additional characters in the movie will be playing until it's released.
- Will Smith will be making a Bad Boys 3. (Thanks, Shaun!)
- Ridley Scott says Deckard might be appearing in the Blade Runner sequelthing after all.
- Here's a bit of footage from The Host.
- There's a new CGI Starship Troopers coming out?
- Channing Tatum was behind the G.I. Joe: Retaliation push back?
- The official synopsis for Pacific Rim has been revealed.
- Michael Dorn is currently pitching a Worf-centric Star Trek.
A few trailers/clips:
The Dark Knight Rises
The Amazing Spider-Man
These Pixar movie locale/company posters are really cool.
I would like one of each of these dresses, please!
I am totally in heart with this fan-made Expendables 2 trailer (even though it does take shots at The Avengers). (Thanks, Shaun.)
In TV news:
- Lifetime is working on a series about Clarice Starling, star of the Silence of the Lambs films.
Here are a few teasers and a new Doctor Who minisode (!!!):
Speaking of the Doctor, did you see him running the torch last weekend? (Thanks, Rebecca!)
Oh wait, no, this is the real story.
This is a fantastic lock screen.
How cute! (Although, I'm guessing Colt and Ben are thinking this goes against all sorts of cycling rules.)
Waiting to see what the dean will be wearing in each episode of Community is one of my favorite parts of watching.
Also, love this illustration of the gang.
In SCIENCE! And tech news:
What would the X-Men look like if they were Disney-fied? Like so, perhaps?
And what if they were hipsters?
I'll admit ... I'd totally wear
- New multiplayer DLC for Mass Effect 3 is now available for XBox players.
- Bioware will be releasing a set of fan-designed (to begin with) Mass Effect hoodies. Check out another image of the current designs below. They are awesome.
- Harry Potter for Kinect—a set of minigames—will release in the fall.
- This could also have gone in the SCIENCE! section, but no matter: The Microsoft Kinect is currently being used in space to control satellites.
- Here's a video of Mark Hamill, Kevin Conroy and Stana Katic recording voiceovers for Batman: Arkham City.
- Halo 4 concept art has been released. Oh, and did you see that the BBC used the Halo series' logo for the United Nations Space Command rather than logo of the definitely non-fictional United National Security Council they were talking about? Hilarious.
- This new horror game—Among the Sleep—is played "as through the eyes of a child." And everyone knows everything's more scary when you're little!
- Sony filed a patent in 2011 for a system that would interrupt your games with advertisements. That sounds awful! And not at all distracting ...
Fans of World of Warcraft will recognize this video.
Guh. Leia is never not gorgeous, but this is especially lovely.
This is cool.
And these are ADORABLE. Definitely filing these away in my "ideas for future offspring" file.
Finally, I leave you with a world-shaking video of a whole crap ton of voiceover actors—whose voices you'll most definitely recognize—reading the Star Wars Trilogy: The Radio Play. (Thanks, Mark!)