Happy birthday to me! Today's the day I move one year closer to becoming three decades old. To be completely honest, I'm kind of dreading it. I know it's just a number, but it's a pretty huge one. I used to look forward to my birthday every year, but since I rounded the corner into my late twenties, I've lost that excitement.
I've seen these "___ before___" lists around the Internets for a while now and I've long wanted to try one. Fiona of Life in Brief turned 29 in October and created her own 30 by 30 list—she's even already checked one item off it!—and inspired me to try and re-find some excitement about growing older (but never up!) in the coming year.
So here's my list (in no particular order). I'm making no promises that I will be able to pull all of these things off, but I'm definitely going to make an effort! I'll keep y'all posted as to my progress (and update this list as I go).
2. Go to Disney World/Land.
3. Lose 10-15 more pounds.
4. Find an exercise plan/class and stick with it.
6. Create (and stick to) a better savings plan.
7. Try indoor skydiving.
8. Get my passport.
10. Reopen the Pants Design Etsy shop/increase sales on RedBubble.
13. Attend at least one con.
15. Hold at least six C&CC giveaways.—1: Julie is Cooly giveaway (2/20/13). 2: Fandom plush giveaway (4/30/13). 3: Life Geekery tech cozy giveaway (8/16/13). 4: Diamond Candles giveaway (9/6/13). 5: Gadchick Everpurse giveaway (12/3/13).
16. Finish learning how to knit.
17. Complete the blanket I started as a first anniversary (i.e., 2011) present for Colt.
18. Re-watch three TV series.—1: Started re-watching Angel (4/16/13). 2: Finished re-watching Young Americans (6/9/13).
22. Become a mentor (again).
23. Go on 12 fancy date nights.—1: Three-year anniversary dinner (10/23/13). 2: Birthday dinner (12/12/13).
26. Shoot a gun (at a range).
29. Partake in three anonymous Pay it Forwards.—1: Bought the coffee of the person behind me in the Starbucks drive-through line (7/26/13).