Vol. 3, Issue 39 (Part 2)
Welcome to part two of the biggest NN ever! Read on, friends ...
In movie news:
- Patrick Stewart will be reprising his role as Professor X in the next X-movie!
- Five actresses—including Alison Brie (Community), Emelia Clarke (Game of Thrones) and Anna Kendrick (Twilight)—are in the running for the love interest in Captain America 2. (1/2 point to TCC for this bit.)
- Will the Mandarin be cut from Chinese versions of Iron Man 3?
- These set photos show off the new Mark XLVII and Iron Patriot armors.
- Rumor has it: We'll see an Iron Man 3 trailer Oct. 23. (Happy anniversary to Colt and me!)
- This is the first official image from The Wolverine.
- Here are a couple of new Thor 2 set videos.
- The Avengers Blu-Ray gives us a whole bunch of new behind-the-scenes fun. Also, a look at some Thanos concept art.
- New set photos from Catching Fire give us a look at President Snow.
- A Buffy alum (and Emmy-award winner) will be writing the screenplay for Mockingjay.
- The final poster for Breaking Dawn Part 2 has been released.
- Both Andrew Garfield and Marc Webb will be back for The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
- A guy who saw the Ant Man footage at Comic Con has drawn what he saw in a series of illustrations.
- Kick Ass creator Mark Millar has been hired as a Marvel consultant.
- This Lego set gives us a glimpse into the plot of Man of Steel.
- And these action figures give us a first look at Tauriel, Evangeline Lilly's new movie-only Hobbit role. This one shows us the Goblin King.
- A bunch of new promo images for the Hobbit have been released lately. This one features Bilbo, this one all 13 dwarves, this one orcs and goblins, and this one with the members of the White Council.
Art break! Check out these great comic/movie mash-up posters.
- Gina Carano (Haywire) will be headlining the in-the-works female Expendables (that isn't exactly The Expendables.)
- Could we see a Planet Hulk (in which Hulk is the leader of an alien planet?) movie?
- Benedict Cumberbatch might be an upcoming Bond villain.
- Here's a new photo from A Good Day to Die Hard.
- Chris Hemsworth and Anne Hathaway will likely be starring in Steven Spielberg's Robopocalypse.
- Here are some new set photos and stills from The Lone Ranger.
- Len Wiseman (Underworld) will be directing the Mummy reboot.
- Daniel Radcliffe would love to play Igor in a new Frankenstein movie.
- On a similar note, here are a few "retro" posters for Frankenweenie.
- Johnny Depp will not be in The Grand Budapest Hotel.
- Barry Sonnenfeld (Men in Black) might be directing The Rock in Lore.
- Pacific Rim will actually not be in 3D.
- There might be a fifth Transformers movie.
- Here are some new set photos from Kick Ass 2.
- There's a new Looney Tunes movie in the works.
- Melissa McCarthy will have a role in The Hangover III.
- Indie Game: The Movie is now streaming on Netflix. (Thanks, TGG!)
And a few trailers:
The Lone Ranger
In random, yet exciting news:
What would it look like had Tim Burton designed characters from the Avengers, the Hunger Games or Sherlock? Something like this:
I'm gonna need both sets, thanks.
The multi-talented TGG created this video using my Avengers-swap finger puppets for a Guild contest:
Isn't it great?
Deadpool really makes everything more snarky.
In comics news:
- Here's a look at the new Green Lantern, Simon Baz. (The mask kind of creeps me out.)
- Marvel has joined with Komen to run a pink-themed Breast Cancer awareness month campaign.
- Here's a teaser for the new Wolverine series.
- Original art from a 1986 Calvin and Hobbes Sunday page is going up for auction in November.
- Greg Capullo has designed a series of variant die cut covers for the DC Death Of The Family crossover comics:
No one can resist the power of
Love these terrariums.
And finally, Threadless is running a great new series of shirts based on Disney characters. So cool.