Vol. 3, Issue 27
Hope all of you (who had a holiday) had a nice day off yesterday. It was great on this end, but now it's back to reality. Let's jump right in, shall we?
In TV news:
- Woot! The entire cast of Community will be back for season 4.
Davos SeaworthLiam Cunningham is among the guest stars appearing in Doctor Who series 7.
- The Avengers' Diana Rigg (no, not that Avengers) will also be appearing in series 7.
- And here are a bunch of new set photos featuring Ms. Rigg, Matt Smith and new companion Jenna Louise Coleman.
- Here's a first look at and some info about season 5 of Fringe.
- A new show—The League of Pan—will focus on the Lost Boys post-Neverland.
- The CW's Arrow will premiere Oct. 10.
- Here are some photos from series 3 of The Walking Dead.
- A&E has picked up a Psycho prequel.
Love this map. (Thanks, Colt!)
Here's a trailer for the Inspector Spacetime Web series, which, due to NBC issues, is officially known as Untitled Web Series About a Space Traveler Who Can Also Travel Through Time.
In movie news:
- Here's a a first look at Marvel's new Avengers 12-minute short film, Item 47.
- The Avengers will be released on Blu-Ray (and DVD) Sept. 25.
- Here are the logos for the "phase 2" (sequel) movies of The Avengers, Captain America and Thor. It's probably a little ridiculous how excited these make me.
- And here's some news on what's to come from the Disney/Marvel partnership in the near future. (And more on Guardians of the Galaxy and Edgar Wright's Ant Man test reel.)
- The Amazing Spider-Man's Andrew Garfield kind of trolled the world recently. (Thanks, Wes!)
- Looks like Jena Malone (Sucker Punch, Saved!), rather than Zoe Aggeliki and Mia Wasikowska as I previously reported, will be playing Joanna Mason in Catching Fire.
- This Mountain Dew/Dark Knight Rises viral site is pretty awesome. (Thanks, Tacy!)
- Also, this TDKR press release shows that a certain someone from the first movie has returned.
- Here are a bunch of new images from The Hobbit.
- And some from Ender's Game, along with information on the movie's costume and set design.
- Chris Pine has been talking more about Star Trek 2.
- This new movie, The Man with the Iron Fists, sounds both ridiculous and awesome. (See the trailer below; thanks, Wes.)
- Supposedly, the Van Helsing reboot will be "grounded in reality."
- Ghostbusters 3 has a new writer.
- Paramount is working on a movie adaptation of the the UK's The Inbetweeners.
A bunch of trailers/clips:
The Dark Knight Rises
The Expendables 2
The Man with the Iron Fists
These are epic. (Thanks, Mark! How are those illustrations of our pirates going?)
Harry Potter gets the Madeline treatment in these illustrations. (More at the link below.)
I'd watch this movie.
SCIENCE! And tech news:
- CERN might have discovered a Higgs boson particle.
- This video explains the math behind The Amazing Spider-Man.
- NASA has found a hidden ocean on Titan, one of Saturn's moons.
- Bill Nye has been creating science videos for the Internet.
- A Dutch company wants to colonize Mars by 2023.
- The moons of Mars might hold extraterrestrial life.
- The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has officially denied the existence of mermaids.
- A microparticle that supplies oxygen to lungs without the need for breathing has been created.
This book might be longer-lasting fun than the actual game.
And these Japanese woodblock-style versions of classic video game characters are super cool.
From TGG, in video game news:
- The Expendables 2 tie-in game is official, and will be released as a download later this summer.
- Here are a few screenshots from a new Halo 4 map called Longbow.
- And you can check out the game in this new live-action teaser trailer.
- Here's a gameplay trailer for Guardians of Middle-earth.
- Interested in a Portal Lego set? Cast your yes vote here.
- Blizzard is releasing an art book later this year.
- A Final Fantasy 3 remake is now available for Android devices.
- Sony recently bought a streaming game service.
- Here are a couple of gameplay videos from Dishonored.
- A special box-set edition of Limbo is now available.
- A new mobile device attachment, the iCade Mobile, will turn your phone into a game controller, complete with d-pad.
This is so gorgeous. (Thanks, Annika!)
The art pieces for Star Wars Celebration VI have been released, and they are neat. (Thanks, Rebecca!)
And finally, this video is almost better than the original. (Thanks, Colt.) Careful, it is a bit nudey.