Vol. 3, Issue 26
I think we need a little upbeat something to start this issue off right.
In movie news:
- Here's a pretty thorough list of scifi/fantasy movies—that aren't sequels or reboots—coming out in the next year or so.
- Andy Lau has dropped out of Iron Man 3, but does his supposed role hint at something to come for the Avengers 'verse? (Vagueish spoilers/rumors at that second link.)
- Will Kat Dennings be back for Thor 2?
- Here are a couple of new The Amazing Spider-Man featurettes.
- And, don't believe the rumors about the movie needing reshoots.
- Two actresses, Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland) and Zoe Aggeliki (R.I.P.D.), are up for the role of Johanna in Catching Fire.
- Ryan Reynolds is the new Highlander.
- This Expendables 2 poster makes me so happy.
- Bourne Legacy has been delayed—thanks to The Avengers.
- Hans Zimmer will be composing the score for Man of Steel.
- Speaking of, it looks like the war on Krypton might play a role in the new film.
- Sigourney Weaver says the three—yes, three—Avatar sequels will likely be filmed at once.
- Jurassic Park 4 is back in development.
- More behind-the-scenes images of Angelina Jolie as Maleficent have been released.
- Here's a teaser poster for the new Paddington Bear movie.
- New character images and descriptions for Frankenweenie have been released.
- Dreamworks has optioned the rights to the Need for Speed franchise. (1/2 point to Wes!)
- Jennifer Lopez' Carmen Sandiego has found a writer.
- Here's some news about the new Starship Troopers, which will be less gory than the first.
- Will Arnett (Arrested Development) and Chris Pratt (Parks and Rec) have joined the Lego movie.
Here are a few trailers/clips:
These district posers are lovely.
New Star Wars cartoon, anyone?
Love the art style of these posters.
In TV news:
- Will Vastra make a return to Doctor Who?
- Also, DW might be venturing into alien (lesbian) love interest territory for the new companion. (Taking a page from Torchwood, eh Moffat?)
- Face Off returns to SyFy Aug. 21.
- Kellan Lutz (Twilight) will lend his voice to Family Guy ... as a love interest for Meg.
- For you American Horror Story fans, here are details on Jessica Lange's new role.
And here's a trailer for Nickelodeon's new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:
The fact that Doctor Whooves continues to exist makes me so happy that the Internet exists.
SCIENCE! And tech news:
- Lonesome George, the last of the Galapagos Pinta tortoises, has died.
- Love this list of Futurama gadgets that are close to being reality.
- Fund this Kickstarter if you're interested in a D-Pad ring for touch screen gaming. (Thanks, Wes.)
These illustrations of birds dressed in the fashions of the year that they died are both awesome and a little sad.
The Asian influences on these Wizard of Oz illustrations are super cool.
This is gorgeous.
There are a lot of feels in this Batman art.
And these illustrations are unique takes on these iconic characters.
From TGG, the week's video game news:
- Have you downloaded the new Mass Effect Extended Cut DLC yet? (It came out yesterday.) Here's how to cut to it quickly.
- And, according to this article, we'll be seeing more DLC in the future. (Just make another game, ya Bioware bastards.)
- Meet the new voice of Lara Croft: Camilla Luddington.
- New Skyrim DLC was also released yesterday.
- As the headline says: "Bruce Campbell is in The Amazing Spider-Man game for some reason."
- Here's a trailer for the game that shows you more about Stan Lee's role, namely his witty rejoinders and his iconic glasses. (This other trailer features the music of Garbage.)
- This awesome-sounding Journey collectors' edition will get you three games, music and exclusive mini-games for only $30.
- Valve is now allowing users to create movies with their video games.
- The new Diablo III patch is causing some users issues.
- A new Temple Run/Brave tie-in game has been released. (Thanks in part to TGG's wife Emily!)
- Nintendo's new Miiverse social network won't mix with Facebook or Twitter.
- Have yourselves a really close-up look at WiiU.
- Wreck-It Ralph will be available only on Nintendo systems.
- The new $200 3DS will be released in August.
- If you live in Japan (or shop on the Internet), you will soon be able to own a 10-disc anniversary set of Mega Man music.
- Do you have a Portal fan on your Christmas gift-list? Get them this replica mini-turret.
I'll take one of each, please.
The faceless thing might turn some people off, but I really enjoy these.
Really good likenesses, these.
Agh. They're so cute, it hurts.
It might take you a second, but look closely ... (Thanks, Wini!)
Fanboy Coulson! *squee* (via)
And finally, let's leave off with a laugh thanks to this most excellent variety of Avengers arts.