Vol. 3, Issue 25
Another Thursday, another set of (picture-heavy) nerdy news!
In TV this week:
- Spoilers ahoy: Here are some details on Doctor Who's series 7 opener.
- And some on Fringe's fifth (and last, sad) season.
- Brent Spiner will be guest-starring on the new season of Warehouse 13.
- Looks like Bones might have been cancelled (after a final season).
- A couple of the networks have released their fall schedules. Here's NBC's and here's Fox's.
- Robert Patrick will play Alcide's dad in the new season of True Blood.
- I'm not sure if this really belongs here—the article doesn't make it clear in what form this will be happening—but Phineas and Ferb will be crossing over into the Marvel universe.
- Emilie de Ravin is becoming a regular on Once Upon a Time.
- Draw Something—that game that everyone played for about a week—is being turned into a reality show. (1/2 a point to Wes for this one.)
- The Walking Dead's Glen Mazzara thinks you shouldn't hate Carl. (But he makes it SO HARD.)
- Nicolas Winding Refn (Drive) is developing a Barbarella series.
Want. (If you couldn't tell, it's a home theater done up to look like the bridge of the Enterprise.)
While we're talking Star Trek, check out this awesome ST:TNG recast by Jill Pantozzi (The Nerdy Bird) for The Mary Sue. I am so in love with the idea of John Barrowman as Q. And Tom Hiddleston as Data?
Mashups never get old. (Thanks, Colt!)
In movie news:
- More Man of Steel costumes have been revealed.
- Check out Angelina Jolie in the first on-set, in-makeup images from Maleficent. She looks awesome!
- And these are new shots from Breaking Dawn: Part 2, including one of Lee Pace as Garrett. I'm actually way more excited about Part 2 than I was about Part 1.
- There are also already rumors about a Twilight remake. (Siggggghhhhh.)
- Here's a look at an elder Engineer (who got cut from the theatrical version of Prometheus).
- The Johnny Depp/Armie Hammer Lone Ranger is still over budget.
- I'm actually might be on board for this remake: Imagine Entertainment is working on a new version of 1984.
- Sesame Street is getting the movie treatment.
- Michael Bay's Teenage
MutantAlien Ninja Turtle project has been postponed.
- Is Josh Harnett in the running for the Daredevil reboot?
- Is there a Splinter Cell movie in the works? (Thanks, Wes.)
- Jim Carrey has quit the Dumb and Dumber sequel.
- Jonah Hill has rejoined Django Unchained.
A bunch of trailers/clips:
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
The Amazing Spider-Man
Breaking Dawn: Part 2
The Dark Knight Rises (Thanks, Colt.)
Monsters University (Check out the "via" link under the video for three additional teasers.)
Resident Evil: Retribution
Perhaps had this been what the aliens looked like in Prometheus, people would have liked it better?
A group is working to restore Star Wars' Lars homestead (in Tunisia). (Thanks, Shaun!)
Star Wars cats! Is it weird that I like the Admiral Catbar best?
I need to buy this for my Dad. (Thanks, Megan!)
Some game news, from TGG:
- The Dark Knight Rises will be getting an Android and iOS game later this summer.
- Rumors of an Xbox 720 have popped up recently.
- Here's the latest on The Last of Us, from—of all places—Jimmy Fallon.
- Bioware is thinking about making Star Wars: The Old Republic free to play.
- This gameplay video shows a little more of The Amazing Spider-Man's new game.
- I'm sure you remember when I posted about that Tekken Snoop Dog business. (Right?) Well, here's the song Snoop wrote about (in ode to?) the game.
- Nintendo is releasing a Kirby: 20th Anniversary Special Edition.
- This 10-year-long Civilization game is a little ridiculous, but an interesting experiment.
- Australia now allows the sale of 18+ rated games.
- This is a neat video of a bunch of familiar faces (and voices) taping lines for DC Universe Online.
- Explore the worlds of Warcraft, Google Maps style.
- These TRON LittleBigPlanet costumes are too cute.
- It's already been confirmed that Ellen Page is playing a role in the new game Beyond: Two Souls, but it's now rumored that Willem Dafoe will join the cast, too.
- Looking to collect the last Catwoman Riddler trophy from Arkham City? It'll cost you—in more ways than one.
- Dragon Age Legends, formerly available to play on Facebook, is now available to download and play offline.
- This Zelda-themed nursery is super cute. (I can totally see Colt and I doing something like this eventually.)
- Valve has created a "Steam for Schools" program and is giving Portal 2 to teachers for free.
These illustrations are a neat look at what a Pixar-ized Justice League might be like.
And this fan video looks would make for a really cool Justice League movie.
Dave Perillo's got mad skills.
This video is super awkward, but it's also hilarious and full of some really great Avengers puns. (Thanks, Tish!)
How precious is this photoset? Nick looks so much like the little GrabZags version of him.
I really love these Avengers/Disney photo sets.
(More here! via)
Wow. I'd love to see these Sailor Moon/Avengers costumes at a con. (Or wear one myself?)
And finally: This is so good. Let's just go ahead and mash all Joss Whedon properties together and make the world a more beautiful place.