Vol. 3, Issue 20
In movie news:
- Here's a recap of an interview with Joss Whedon explaining "why he did that thing he did" in The Avengers.
- Joss also thinks Avengers 2 could use more ladies.
- Idris Elba is back for Thor 2, in which we'll learn more about the Asgardians.
- Marion Cotillard continues to deny that she's playing Talia al Ghul in The Dark Knight Rises.
- Here's a first look at Alice Eve (She's Out of My League) in the new Star Trek. It's still unknown who she's playing.
- Edgar Wright is planning to start filming The World's End in September. Awesome news—this will be his third movie with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.
- According to this poster, Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller will be co-directing the new Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.
- Guillermo del Toro will be directing that Pinocchio movie we heard about a while ago.
- Rick Baker will be doing makeup effects for Maleficent. I've been getting more interested in special effects makeup since Face Off started, but I've known who Rick Baker was for a long while. Man's got skills.
- Paddington Bear and Clifford the Big Red Dog are getting their own movies.
A few trailers:
Men In Black 3
The Amazing Spider-Man
More Avengers goodies. (I'm not sorry.)
First up, I could spend days trolling through Noelle Stevenson's Tumblr. (She's the brain behind that awesome Hulk/Hawkeye comic I posted previously.)
Love this old-timey look at what Thor and Agent Coulson do on their days off. (Plus a set of the ninja turtles for good measure.)
Adorable. (R.I.P., Maurice.)
Strange tie-in alert: Marvel has released templates you can use to make the Avengers with Post-It notes.
Here's a fun list of who could be in an epic fantasy character version of the Avengers. (Thanks, Wes!)
This video is quite good for a giggle. (Thanks, Bryan!)
In TV news:
- The major networks—NBC, ABC, FOX, CBS—have released their fall schedules. I'll likely do a Premiere Week Preview post at some point in the not too distant future, once I have time to devote to looking at all the new shows.
- SyFy's also released their schedule, for the summer season.
- Here's a slideshow of recently canceled shows. I never watched many of the shows, but I am saddened that The Secret Circle (I know, it was pretty ridiculous) and The Finder are no more. (Thanks, Colt!)
- Community has officially been renewed for a 13-episode fourth season.
- Speaking of, these Chang propaganda posters are pretty great.
- Parminder Nagra is joining Psych as a love interest for Gus.
- ABC is still working on a Hulk TV series.
- Here's a first look at NBC's modern day version of Jekyll and Hyde.
- In case you're still watching, here's how Glee will work next season.
A couple of trailers:
This would be a much different Game of Thrones.
SCIENCE! And tech:
- A 13-year-old girl has created a lollipop that cures the hiccups. I need to get my hands on these! I get the hiccups pretty often. My go-to remedies are drinking lemon juice or just concentrating really hard on my next hiccup.
- Chinese physicists have reportedly broken the teleportation record. (Thanks to my mom for this one.)
- California will soon begin testing overhead electric lines for trucks. (Thanks, Wes.)
- Microsoft has patented a pressure-sensitive controller that can tell who's holding it. (Thanks, Wes.)
- A Penn State University Advanced Mechatronics student has created a working Portal turret. (All right, enough thanks for you, Wes.)
People attending Star Wars Weekends at Disney World can get their own likeness frozen in carbonite! (Thanks, Kristen!)
Here's a bit of information on Stephen King's (book) sequel to The Shining.
This fan-made Harry Potter tarot set is lovely.
And these He-Man posters are awesome.
- Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock comes to PSN May 23.
- Ubisoft is having a huge sale in the PlayStation Store on a ton of titles through May 22.
- Avengers: Battle for Earth is not a movie tie-in, per se, and will be available only for Kinect and Wii U.
- Pre-order The Amazing Spider-Man and you can get bonuses that let you play as Rhino or Stan Lee.
- Here's a bit more information on the Batman: Arkham City Harley Quinn DLC.
- The Tomb Raider reboot has been delayed until the start of 2013.
- A Lego Lord of the Rings might be in the works.
- Bioshock Infinite has been delayed until February 2013.
- That delay has possibly opened the window for Grand Theft Auto 5 to be released in October.
- Dishonored, a game that TGG describes as a "steampunk Assassin's Creed," will also be released in October.
- Two new Halo 4 villains have been revealed, here's a look at the Halo 4 cover, and here's some information on the limited edition version of the game.
- Here's a trailer for The Last of Us, a new game from the Uncharted creators.
- This new Facebook game, Outernauts, looks like it might be fun.
- A Sim City Social game might also be coming to FB.
- To celebrate it's 20th birthday, you can now play Wolfenstein 3D online for free.
- Ever wanted to play a game in which you're a monster who kills people who die in disasters before they actually die? Well, you can now.
And a couple bits of gaming news I found:
Add this to our Star Wars kitchen? I think so!
And then Colt can make me these pancakes.
And then we can stare at this neat paint-splatter art.
I'll leave off today with these awesome Avengers fan videos. (Never enough!)