Vol. 3, Issue 18
Happy Avengers Eve, friends! I'll be seeing it at midnight tonight—will you?
In movie news this week:
- Leonard Nimoy might be in Star Trek 2 after all.
- And, Benedict Cumberbatch might be playing who everyone though he'd be playing when he was first cast (to be playing). Generic information is intentionally generic. (Thanks, Colt!)
- Jude Law and Jim Sturgess are joining Angelina Jolie in Maleficent.
- Rihanna will play a villain in Fast and Furious 6. Really? As Colt so rightfully chided me, "Do you really expect great acting in these films?" But ... really? (I promise to apologize if I see Battleship and she's actually good.)
- The Wolverine will film in Japan.
- Marvel might also be bringing New Mutants to the big screen.
- There's already planning for a sequel to Snow White and the Huntsman. Spoiler alert—I'm guessing the queen doesn't win in the end in the first one?
- Here are 13 new clips from Dark Shadows, you know, in case you don't want to bother actually seeing the movie.
- There's a Poltergeist reboot happening.
- And one for Carrie.
- And the Daredevil one is being rewritten.
- And the Fantastic Four one will be directed by the director of Chronicle. (Thanks, Colt.)
- And then there's the reboot of Van Helsing. Which will—get this—star Tom Cruise.
- Good grief.
- A movie based on the Winchester Mystery House is in the works. Have you ever been? It's super cool.
- Two upcoming unrelated movie projects that happen to be talked about at the same link: Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book and a new Jungle Book.
- Here are two new images from Breaking Dawn: Part 2. (Really only click through if you want to see Bella with red eyes.)
The Dark Knight Rises
The Expendables 2
Brave (/the NFL draft)
Avengers Art Assemble!
Love, love, LOVE this comic.
This is a great guide to the 'Vengers' weapons. (Click to embiggen.)
These are pretty.
Doug makes a most excellent Cap.
In TV news:
- Fringe has been renewed for a fifth, and final, season. I'm going to miss those kids, but I am very glad they're going to have the opportunity to wrap most everything up. (I say most because we all know how JJ can be.)
- There will be three episodes of Community in one night! (Thanks, Colt.)
- Here is a list of all of the new things Syfy's working on.
- And some news on the Robot Chicken DC Comics special.
- Is Murphy Brown returning to TV?
- Here's some more info about Russell T. Davies' Wizards vs. Aliens.
A couple of teasers:
I used to not like River—like at all—but now I love her. And she and Eleven are too cute.
More awesome 50th anniversary fan posters. (Thanks, Rebecca!)
I'd so wear these shirts.
Videos like this make me wish I'd kept my legos from when I was little ... and that I had the skills to make something like this with them. (Thanks, Kristen!)
SCIENCE! And technology:
- The Titanic II will sail in 2016.
- In the works: A blood test that checks for breast cancer.
- Venus will pass in front of the sun May 5 and 6. (Thanks, Colt.)
- This is what a Martian sunset looks like. (Thanks, Rachel!)
Not a lot of gaming news this week, as TGG was otherwise occupied (a.k.a. on vacation and playing Mass Effect). He did send me this neat infographic of Nathan Drake's journey in all three Uncharted games. (Thanks, Wes!) I also found a couple of things:
- In Organ Trail, you can both dye of dysentery and be eaten by zombies.
- Here's a look at Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.
This video is bizarre, and yet, mesmerizing.
Disneyland Paris will soon have a Star Wars Land.
Definitely need to make one of these someday. (Thanks, Shaun!)
Mickey as Han is super cute. (Although methinks he's a tad too nice to really pull off the character.) (Thanks, Rachel.)
This is so sweet!
This is an excellent comparison chart. (Thanks, Annika!)
Sam Hiti's comic is also excellent. (Click to embiggen; thanks, Rachel.)
A couple of rockin' covers of well-known theme songs for you:
Such lovely ladies.
And finally, from the best musical ever: