Vol. 3, Issue 19
In TV news:
- Might we get series 7 of Doctor Who later this year?
- The CW has renewed Supernatural for an eighth season.
- Things are looking good for a season 4 of Community. (Thanks, Colt!)
- Fox has cancelled Alcatraz and The Finder. Not surprised about the former, a bit disappointed about the latter.
- The new BBC series In the Flesh is a mix between Shaun of the Dead and The Walking Dead.
- Here's a first look at Christopher Meloni in True Blood.
Zefram CochranJames Cromwell is joining American Horror Story.
Aw. Cuddly Sherlock and John.
These two versions of the Doctor Who theme song are pretty unique:
(Thanks to my friend Mason for this one!)
In movie news:
- DAVID TENNANT MIGHT POSSIBLY BE IN TALKS TO JOIN FAST AND FURIOUS 6. Regardless of the truth of this possibility, this is seriously amazing to think about.
- In case you were a bit confused (like I was), here's who that guy was in the end of The Avengers.
- And—duh—Avengers 2 is a go.
- Catching Fire is getting a script re-write from a new screenwriter.
- Jessica Chastain isn't in Iron Man 3 any more.
- Edgar Wright might be teasing the Ant Man movie?
- Both Rita Skeeter and Delores Umbridge have joined Maleficent.
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Jonny Lee Miller's Frankenstein might be coming to theaters soon.
- Johnny Depp will be in the Beetlejuice remake.
- Is there a Hancock 2 in the works?
- Joseph Gordon Levitt is developing a Little Shop of Horrors remake.
- 10 Things I Hate About You is getting a spin-off movie starring Hayley Atwell.
- I didn't know Beautiful Creatures was being made into a movie. (I enjoyed the book.)
- Kellan Lutz is going to play a mo-cap Tarzan.
- Here's a look at scarred-up Lena Headey, who's playing Madeline Madrigal in Judge Dredd.
- And at a shirtless Vin Diesel as Riddick.
- Brad Bird is going to direct a new Disney movie called 1952. And that's pretty much all that's known about the project at the moment.
- James Cameron is talking about an Avatar 4.
- André 3000 will be playing Jimi Hendrix in a new biopic.
- The new 300 movie will not be a sequel, but it won't be a prequel either.
Here are a few teasers/trailers:
The Expendables 2 (!!!)
The Amazing Spider-Man
G.I. Joe Retaliation
I love these 1800s ladies, even though some of them have some seriously uncomfortable looking cleavage.
And who doesn't love some superhero-ized Disney gals?
- A domain name for Avengers: Battle for Earth has been registered. Let's hope the game is nothing like this one.
- A map editor DLC for Portal 2 has been released.
- Harley Quinn's DLC will be out May 29. (I erroneously reported earlier that it would be out last month.)
- Here's a Diablo III cartoon from the studio that creates Metalocalypse.
- Here are the first details on Elder Scrolls Online. And here's a trailer.
- Draw Something will soon be asking you to draw ads.
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD will be available on XBox Live and PSN in June.
- An Adventure Time game will come out this fall.
I found a couple of gaming tidbits as well:
I never used James on missions—because he's a huge doof—but these drawings are superb. Especially the "I call her Mandy" one. (Thanks to my friend Rice for these!)
- Did dinosaur farts cause global warming? (Hee hee.)
LucasFilm has registered a bunch of domain names revolving around the number 1313. No one quite knows what they're for, yet, but hopefully we'll learn more soon?
I like the colors on these arts.
It's a weekish late, but seriously, too cute not to post.
I had no idea my dad did stuff like this! (Thanks, Rachel!)
And finally, I seriously want some of these Lego sets. (Thanks, Shaun!)