Vol. 3, Issue 17
Mondo has once again amazed with the rest of the solo Avengers photos. Check 'em out:
Some of these sites seem to hint that there will be a group poster as well ... I sure hope so!
In TV news this week:
- I'll try to avoid holding my breath, but I will admit I'm excited by the idea that a new Star Trek series could happen after the next movie.
- Here is a first look at photos of River Song from series 7 of Doctor Who.
- Zach Galifianakis' web series Between Two Ferns—watch it, if you haven't; it's hilarious—will be airing on TV as a Comedy Central special.
- Some details on The Walking Dead season 3 have been released.
- Syfy has optioned the rights to Charlaine Harris' (writer of True Blood) Harper Connelly book series.
- They've also set their sights on creating a movie or miniseries based on Stephen King's Eyes of the Dragon.
- And they're creating a new reality show (along the lines of Face Off) about set design.
- Could Fringe move to The CW if Fox doesn't pick up the fifth season?
- Fox is planning to create an animated TV version of Axe Cop.
- Here is some news on the second season of American Horror Story.
- And on the fifth season of The Venture Bros.
What an excellent Inspector Spacetime illustration.
And how adorbs are Rose and Amy?
Still love this crew, so much.
This is an excellent mashup.
And I love how well these two themes work together! (Thanks, Wes!)
In movie news:
- Here's a series of awesome infographics explaining this summer's movies.
- And a list going over the more than 30 scifi and fantasy movies coming out this summer.
- It's official: Francis Lawrence (I Am Legend) will be directing Catching Fire.
- There will be some non-book scenes in The Hobbit.
- Pixar's released an update on three upcoming films.
- Mickey Rourke, Michael Madsen and Rosario Dawson have signed on for Sin City 2.
- The Wolverine is happening and will start filming in August.
- Guy Pierce and Jessica Chastain have joined Iron Man 3. Scarlett Johansson won't be reprising her Black Widow role in the film, however.
- The final Dark Knight Rises trailer will air in front of The Avengers.
- A new movie starring DC comics character Lobo has been green lit.
- Here's some casting news for Mad Max 4.
- Stephenie Meyer's film production company is producing Lois Duncan's Down a Dark Hall.
- Silent Hill: Revelation 3D will be released in theaters Oct. 26. (Thanks, Wes.)
- Walter, the new Muppet from The Muppets, will be heavily involved in the sequel.
A couple of trailers/clips:
(You can skip to :30 on this next one.)
And here's a fake trailer for The Avengers as they might have been in the 70s. (Thanks, Wes.)
Lots of Avengers art this week—seems as though people are as excited as I am about May 4.
I have a Doctor Who shirt that looks very similar to this. I obviously like the style.
It makes me happy when Agent Coulson's included with the rest of the gang.
I like the style of these couplings. (But Gale and Madge?)
SCIENCE! And technology:
- Someone has created an actual sonic screwdriver!
- James Cameron and Google have plans to mine asteroids.
- May 2012 brings with it a "super moon."
- Magnets, amirite? Check out this example of a magnetic paradox in action. (Thanks, Colt!)
- I want to visit this real-life formerly top secret Eureka.
- Did anyone see this flaming meteor fly by?
Because I am a 12-year-old boy at heart, this makes me giggle.
I wish I thought of fun things like this to do with my toys.
The Disney ladies as Final Fantasy characters are looking pretty racy!
- Good grief, let's all go get jobs at Valve. Their "Handbook for New Employees" makes working there sound awesome.
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 will be released in the US in August.
- The first episode of The Walking Dead game is now available.
- Here's an update on the Arkham City: Game of the Year edition, with Harley Quinn DLC (available April 30).
- Notch's new game, 0x10c, now has a (n unofficial) trailer.
- Like Frogger? Like New York City? Then you'll very much enjoy Fifth Avenue Frogger.
- Here are some more details on the Skyrim/Kinect update.
- This looks interesting: a patent for a PS Move steering wheel.
- According to this article (and the book it's about), Microsoft failed the fans who wanted a Halo movie.
- Here is a teaser trailer for the new God of War: Ascension.
- Guild Wars 2 will be open for public beta this weekend.
- One for the kiddos: Kinect Sesame Street and Kinect Nat Geo will release this fall.
- Sony has registered a domain for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. (Creepy clown alert at the link.)
- Skyping is now possible on the Playstation Vita.
I found a bit of gaming news as well:
Tired of waiting for the live-action Uncharted movie? Check out these fan-made movies culled from the video games. (Thanks, Wes.)
I adore these illustrations of the Mass Effect gang. (Also, the original captions are so worth the click through.)
It would be awesome to see a TMNT movie in this style.
I like the pieced-paper look to these superheroine illustrations.
And finally, the world really is made better by these My Little Pony nerd mashups, isn't it.