Vol. 3, Issue 15
In TV news:
- Don't forget—Legend of Korra premieres this weekend.
- Spoiler alert! Someone will be returning to Doctor Who.
- Here are some set photos from the Ponds' last episode. I have a feeling I'm going to bawl my eyes out during this episode.
- David Tennant will be starring in a new BBC America mini-series called Spies of Warsaw.
- Ed Speelers (Eragon) will be joining Downton Abbey as a footman.
- Game of Thrones has been renewed for a third season.
- Remember that Powers show I posted about last year? It's starting from scratch.
- Matt Groening has finally admitted that The Simpsons' Springfield is Springfield, OR. (Thanks, Colt!)
This is adorable. (Thanks, Rebecca!)
This is such a pretty Wondy.
In movie news:
- Someone loan me $14 million? I want to buy District 12.
- Gary Ross will not be returning—officially—to direct Catching Fire. Here are his reasons.
- Jennifer Lawrence, however, will be returning as Katniss.
- The Hunger Games muttations could have been much more terrifying. I almost wish they'd gone this route—these concept illustrations are much more book-accurate.
- Here are some new Avengers stills.
- And a couple of photos from last night's premiere. I usually wouldn't post these, but good gracious, how can one cast be so attractive?
- Captain America 2 will be released in April—two years from now.
- Sir Ben Kingsley is in talks to join Iron Man 3 as a villain.
- Donald Glover will be in The Amazing Spider-Man ... sort of.
- Ender's Game has been pushed back.
- Tom Hanks might play Walt Disney.
- Here's a poster for the film adaptation of The Host (Stephanie Meyer's other book). There's a trailer at the link, too, but it's kind of awful.
- Angelina Jolie's Maleficent will be released March 14, 2014.
- Seth Grahame-Smith (author of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies) and Tim Burton will be collaborating on a new stop-motion film Night of the Living.
A couple of clips:
Love this infographic. (Thanks, Shaun! Click to embiggen.)
This one's for Colt and Ben (and anyone else reading who enjoys cycling).
I definitely need to get this book for the future. (Thanks, Shaun.)
I dig the pixel look.
Game news from TGG:
- New Mass Effect 3 multiplayer DLC came out yesterday, featuring two new maps, six new characters and new weapons. And, it's free.
- The "fix" for the ME3 ending—the "Extended Cut DLC—will come out this summer.
- A ME3 patch was also released yesterday. Supposedly, the face importer issue will be fixed. Of course, after I've already played through the game ...
- Here's a first look at 0x10c.
- This cute video tests your knowledge of video game planets.
- American McGee, the man behind the not-so-family-friendly Alice: Madness Returns game, is taking on Little Red Riding Hood.
- Halo 4 will once again feature Cortana.
- The cast of Final Fantasy XIII-2 were featured in Arena Homme+ magazine dressed in Prada's 2012 Spring/Summer men's collection.
- Not exactly game news, per se, but the state of New York is in the process of removing known sex offenders from Xbox Live.
- Also awesome: EA Games doesn't care if you get mad at them for including LGBT characters in their games.
- Some news on Aliens: Colonial Marines: What's taking it so long—it was announced way back in 2006, how it'll work on the Wii U, the multiplayer component and some general information about the game.
- Here are 6 indie games that Kickstarter made possible.
This video makes me smile. (Thanks, Wes.)
These Disney posters are awesomely dark.
These minimalist posters are for the awesome Mortal Instruments book series.
- Could 1000-year-old farming secrets save the Amazon?
- Somewhere out there, dinosaurs could still be alive.
Speaking of zombies:
I get such a kick out of seeing "cute" versions of the Avengers gang.
And silly versions.
And, you know, normal versions, too.
And finally, this: