I finished up with 30 Days of Lists last Friday; here are my lists 12 through 30.
#12: Superpowers I'd like to have
- teleportation, and the ability to go long distances, not just little hops
- telekinesis—I'd take lazy to a whole new level
- Superior Autobiographical Memory—which actually exists!
- super healing + metabolism
#13: 10 years ago, I ...
- was 18 and in my freshman year of college
- was still thinking of becoming an astronaut, so still majoring in mechanical engineering (and not loving it)
- re-connected with my high school sweetheart ... for the first time
#14: Tools and toys to try
- the Yudu I've had for years
- the Silhouette Cameo I got from my last birthday ... I've made a few items, but have yet to really put it through its paces
- a soldering iron
- a kit to turn a typewriter into an iPad dock
#15: Overheard today
- "Got the wireless password ... all the way from Virginia." "Langley?" "No, not Langley."
- a lot of "hellos," "heys," "good mornings" and "thank yous"—I work in a very respectful office
- "I have no idea what he's saying."
#16: Pet peeves
- emails sent with high importance (!) that aren't
- people who tailgate while driving
- grammar errors, such as alot/a lot, your/you're, their/there/they're
- people who talk with their mouths full of food
- the use of the word gay to mean stupid
- bad hair days
#17: Favorite days of the year
- October 23rd—our wedding anniversary and the anniversary of the day we first started dating
- our birthdays—March 23 (Colt), Dec. 12 (Mandy), Jan. 12 (Mollie), Feb. 15 (Mal)
- any day that involved family, friends and fun!
#18: Family traditions
- listening to John Denver and the Muppets every Christmas morning (on repeat!)
- celebrating every 23rd, at least a little
- putting DVDs in stockings
- silly Easter baskets filled with more than just candy
#19: Dear Austin drivers, you can make me happy in the following ways
- don't be such giant d-bags on such a frequent basis
- learn to use your turn signals properly
- realize that the rule on car lengths is a rule for a reason
- don't worry so much—it's just rain!
#20: Favorite memories
- my wedding day
- the day Colt proposed
- Christmas mornings with my mom and dad
- the day we got to meet Eden, our niece
- our camping trip to Marfa last summer (even though the town is lame!)
#21: With an extra hour in the day, I would ...
- tackle my giant to-do/want-to-do lists
- sleep—that is, if my ever-so-noisy cat would let me
- play ME3
- learn how to read music
- catch up on my blog reading
#22: My care package
- multiple bags of Swedish Fish
- a box of Tazo Earl Grey tea
- magazines like Bust, Lucky and Crochet Today
- Burt's Bees pink grapefruit chap stick
- nail polish
- Cadbury's mini eggs
- I like Brussel sprouts.
- I have tweezed my eyebrows at work.
- I don't floss or exercise as much as I should even though I know better.
- I want to be a cosplayer.
#24: I am famous for ...
- the green beans with bacon vinaigrette I make at Thanksgiving/Christmas
- being in the know on the latest pop-culture news
- my (ever-growing) collection of nail polish
- not being a good secret keeper for my husband
#25: Title options for my autobiography
- Mandy Curtis: A Small Town Girl Living in a Nerdy World
- Yes, I Am Named After Spock's Mom
- 28 Going on 14
- Pop-Culture Poseur
- Now This is a Story All About How, My Life Got Flipped, Turned Upside Down
#26: My morning routine (on the weekdays)
- alarm goes off at 6—hit snooze at least once
- get dressed
- make coffee and put together my food for the day
- make sure the animals have food/water
- go to work
#27: If I could do it over again ...
- I'd learn how to read music and speak another language
- I'd try to be more outgoing and friendly
- I'd figure a way to be an editor, astronaut and CIA agent
- I'd triple check the placement of the Millennium Falcon
#28: My last meal would include:
- a huge salad—I honestly really like salad
- steak, or fall-off-the-bone ribs
- mashed potatoes and gravy
- buttermilk pie
- or, it would be a variety of Chinese dishes (the Americanized versions)
#29: Songs that make me want to dance
- "Moves Like Jagger"
- "Great DJ"
- "Haven't Met You Yet"
- anything by 'N Sync or early Panic! At The Disco
- a whole bunch of the Glee covers ...
#30: To my future self:
- I apologize for not exercising more
- You're welcome for the nerdy T-shirt collection
- More tattoos are totally OK by me
- Never grow up, even if you have to grow older
- I bet it's only gotten better, right?