Vol. 3, Issue 9
Today's big news, of course, is the release of the latest Avengers trailer. Which, of course, is below.
If for any reason the above video stops working, you can also view it here.
In TV news:
- This might just be the best rumor ever: Benedict Cumberbatch might play The Master in an upcoming Doctor Who anniversary special.
- In case you're behind the times (much like we were until recently) here are five episodes of Community that will help you get hooked.
- While this isn't TV news, it is connected: Here's your first look at the Inspector Spacetime Web series.
- Lucy Liu will play Dr. Watson in Elementary.
- Alan Ball has stepped down as head of True Blood.
- There was a Pete and Pete reunion over the weekend. Here are some photos from the event. (Thanks, Shaun!) I once ate at the same restaurant as Little Pete—we went to colleges in the same area of Western Massachusetts.
- Here are a couple of promo poster images from season five of Mad Men.
- Bill Pullman is the best fictional president ever. So I'm excited to know that he will be playing the president in a new comedy pilot.
- The Walking Dead's Governor has been cast.
- Justin Bartha, a.k.a. the adorable sidekick in the National Treasure movies and the pitiful groom in The Hangover, has joined a new Ryan Murphy show.
A few trailers/TV spots:
Legend of Korra
Game of Thrones, season 2 (Thanks, Samar!)
Dragons (The new How to Train Your Dragon spinoff)
Even with my reservations about the second season, this is a great poster.
Alice X. Zhang's art is so cool. Seriously, click the via below. There's just so much to look at.
The awesome mashups continue.
In movie news:
- Here are a few images from the set of Star Trek 2. (SO EXCITING.) And here's some footage.
- "Junior" McClane has been cast for A Good Day to Die Hard (Die Hard 5).
- Bill Murray won't be appearing in Ghostbusters 3. I need to have a talk with him, don't I.
- In this week's most appropriate news: Lady Gaga will be in Men in Black 3.
- Ladies and Gentleman, we have a new RoboCop.
- Here are a few photos from The Hunger Games.
- And from Wrath of the Titans.
- Here are a couple of set photos from the new Riddick movie.
- And a new poster for The Avengers.
- Did you know? Tom Cruise nearly played John Carter of Mars in the 80s.
A few trailers/teasers:
Wrath of the Titans
Aw-dorable. (Thanks, Emily!)
You all know how I feel about minimalist art, but these are a little too minimalist.
Ah, that's better.
I want to buy one of these for all my teacher friends and aquaintences.
NNGC Wes was on vacation this past weekend, so I've only got a little bit of gaming news:
- World of Warcraft could be good for your grandparents' brains.
- This is a look at a steampunk Batman that never quite was.
Mass Effect 3
Even heroes need a good scream now and then.
These are great illustrations.
I like this collection a lot, but The Nerdy Bird posted a great question about these polishes—where's the red?
In book news:
- J.K. Rowling is work on a new, for-adults novel.
- I hope this Hunger Games cookbook stays away from genetic alterations. (Thanks, Emily.)
Oh Nathan, you so silly.
I've got a spare birdhouse sitting around ... I should do this.
I totally want this for our kitchen!
Zachary Levi just wants us be safe, guys.
This Disney Ladies from Last Night Tumblr is hilarious.
And finally, Movie: The Movie.