Vol. 3, Issue 12
Who's going to see the midnight premiere of The Hunger Games tonight? This girl!
In other movie news:
- I'm sure you've heard about the hullabaloo Michael Bay caused this week with his statements on how "his" Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will be ... aliens. Here's a great write up from The Mary Sue. And here's the even better response from NNGC Wes.
- Both Nathan Fillion and Anthony Stewart Head have joined the cast of the Percy Jackson sequel. I enjoyed the first one, and these two men being involved in the second makes me think it'll be even better.
- While this isn't a movie, exactly, Joss Whedon is promising a new Dr. Horrible "soon."
- Here are 11 new images from The Avengers.
- This article is funny: Is Hawkeye the world's worst archer? (Thanks, Wes.)
- Will an integral character die in The Amazing Spider-Man?
- Is this a poster for The Wolverine?
- While we're talking Hugh, here's a first look at him in costume for Les Misérables. Wow, does he ever look awful.
- Here are a bunch of Dark Shadows character banners.
- Jurassic Park is returning to theaters, in 3D, in 2013.
- Lily Collins will play Clary in The Mortal Instruments film adaptation.
- The Y the Last Man movie has found writers.
Quite a few trailers and clips this week:
The Avengers (This is a Japanese trailer.)
Despicable Me 2
Snow White and the Huntsman
This is definitely need-to-know info.
This hoop art is awesome. (Thanks, Annika!)
I could dig this crossover. All of time and space, right?
In TV news:
- The next Doctor Who companion is Jenna-Louise Coleman. We ... shall see.
- It'll be a while until we see, however. SPOILERS AHEAD: Series 7 will be split between this year and next. (Thanks (?), Robotaday!)
- Here is more news on Castiel's return to Supernatural.
- And Felicia Day will be guest-starring on an upcoming episode.
- Even if it's in comic book form, Fringe will have a fifth season.
- Simon Pegg is in talks to join LA Noir. Now I have to watch it.
- Gillian Anderson turned down the role of Lady Cora on Downton Abbey. She would have been a much different character!
- Avatar: The Legend of Korra premieres April 14!
- Here are a bunch of fancy shots of the Game of Thrones' cast.
- And a new Daenerys poster.
- Danai Gurira will be playing Michonne—the hooded lady with the samurai sword in the season finale—in season 3 of The Walking Dead.
- Here's a first look at The CW's new Green Arrow.
- And one of Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu from Elementary.
- Elijah Wood will star in SyFy's new Treasure Island.
Another trailer for Game of Thrones (Thanks, Samar!)
This is another fun take on the Calvin and Hobbes mashup trend. (But seriously, effing Carl!)
In gaming news (from Wes, of course):
- The ending of Mass Effect 3 has been getting a lot of bad press. I've not finished it yet, but here is a defense from the game's director and a promise from the producer.
- The Mass Effect 3 multiplayer DLC used to be a FPS.
- The new Skyrim update supposedly brings with it good things, like new kill scenes and the fixing of some bugs.
- Creepy: This AI programs its own games, and they involve homicidal robots.
- No new XBox this year, says Microsoft.
- Here's a trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man game.
- And one for the Game of Thrones RPG.
- And one for Lego: Batman.
- The Mists of Pandaria, the new World of Warcraft expansion, aims to "breathe new life" into the game. Here are a bunch of trailers.
- Lots of bits about The Walking Dead game: It'll hit platforms in April, it's $5 per "episode," and here's a new trailer.
- Can't wait until April to kill some zombies? Try Zombie Jombie.
- A new Baldur's Gate edition will be released this summer.
- This neat site is filled with free indie games.
I wonder how many of these fans are mad at Michael Bay, too: TMNT fans set world cosplay record. (Thanks, Shaun!)
Place your orders now! (Thanks, Wes.)
Can you tell who all of these are supposed to be?
SCIENCE! And tech news:
- Microsoft is developing a universal translator.
- They also, at one point, were developing this bizarre gaming helmet. (Thanks, Wes.)
- The search for Amelia Earhart has resumed.
- These HD photos of the Titanic are stunning.
- Australia and Britain are battling over the land speed record. (Thanks, Colt!)
- This weird gun attacks speech, not people. (Thanks, Wes.)
I really (really) wish I had known about the Edgar Wright-a-thon happening in Austin this weekend earlier than today! Look at this poster:
And finally, yet another reason to heart the Internet so hard: Otters that look like Benedict Cumberbatch. (Thanks, Mark!)