Kai of All Kinds of Complicated tagged me recently to take part in this, and y'all know I can't resist a good list. So here goes ...
THERE ARE FIVE RULES:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of you and 11 random things about you.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them that you've tagged them.
No. 1, done.
Here's No. 2:
Eleven random things about me:
1. I'm related to Ulysses S. Grant, the 18th president of the United States.
2. My dream cars are a red 1971 Chevy Nova, a blue and white 70s Bronco or Blazer and a white—with wood panels!—90s Jeep Grand Wagoneer.
3. I never wear lipstick, but have long searched for the perfect red shade.
4. I'd love to have the inspiration/dedication/skills to be a best-selling novelist.
5. I would love to join an adult choir. I was in show choir in high school and I miss it.
6. I've never lived in a state that didn't have a coastline.
7. I once got an eyelash stuck in my tear duct for the majority of a day.
8. I'm an only child, but my parents wanted to adopt a young boy when I was a baby. The adoption agency wouldn't let them; at the time, the biological child had to be the oldest.
9. I own 8 pairs of colored jeans. I have heavily adopted the trend.
10. While I'm currently a writer/editor, I've wanted to be many things in life, including a fashion designer, owner of a bookstore, CIA agent and astronaut. Currently, my dream job would be to be a comics editor.
11. 11 is my favorite number.
Kai's 11 questions:
1. What is the best book you have read lately?
I've yet to finish it, but I got sucked into The Gunslinger by Stephen King almost immediately. I read half of the book in one sitting and can't wait until I have time to devote to reading it again.
2. Do you believe in love at first sight? Why?
Yes. Wholeheartedly! I am a total hopeless romantic and definitely believe that soulmates exist. Love is magic, and with magic, anything is possible.
3. Who is one person you would love to meet? Alive or dead.
I'd love to meet my husband's father. He passed away when Colt was 16, shortly before Colt and I started dating in high school. I've heard such great stories about him, and would love to get to know more.
On a more pop-culturey note: Nathan Fillion.
4. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I'm not really sure; I have no set goals, really. I'll be 33. I'll still be married to Colt, natch. We might be thinking about kids. We could have moved. There are so many possibilities!
5. When is the last time you put your foot in your mouth?
A couple of weekends ago, when I said something inadvertently hurtful to someone I love. I have since been forgiven, but I don't really want to dredge up the details.
6. If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
It sounds weird, but salads. I love salads. I actually crave salads when I haven't had one in a while. I should probably eat them more often, too, haha!
7. Who do you look up to the most in your life?
It sounds staged, but my parents. They've had interesting (not always easy) lives, and they provided so well for me growing up. I'm at a point in my life where I think quite a bit about the kind of parent I'll be, and I'd love to be as good to my kid(s) as they were/are to me.
8. Where do you find inspiration to write?
I find a lot of inspiration for this blog from other bloggers, particularly those who've reached heights of blogging that I'd like to reach.
Other sources of inspiration include books, songs, events, dreams, stories, etc.
9. If you could be on any reality TV show, what would it be?
Face Off! Because that would mean I was a crazy talented special effects makeup artist, and that's a skill I envy.
10. What is your biggest fear?
To not make a change for the better. It doesn't have to be peace on earth, but I'd like to make at least a small ripple in the ocean. I don't want to be forgotten.
11. What is a saying that you use all the time?
"You guys want some cook-ies?!"
My 11 questions:
1. Do you have a favorite pair of shoes? What are they?
2. If you could be a family member of a fictional family, which one would you choose?
3. Which sense (sight, taste, touch, smell, hearing) would you be most OK with losing?
4. What's your favorite color? Has it always been your favorite?
5. If you could travel in time—forward or backward—to "when" would you go?
6. Who do you envy?
7. Would you rather be a cyborg or a mutant?
8. What's your favorite candy?
9. Do you prefer cold weather or warm weather?
10. Would you rather travel through space (a la Star Trek) or the oceans (a la Seaquest: DSV)?
11. What's your favorite number?
I tag: Annika, Fiona (even though she's currently traveling across the U.S.), Jen L., Jen. D, Kristen and Monique. (Feel free not to do this if you don't have the time or just aren't interested. I won't be miffed, promise!)
No. 5 will be done once this goes live.
Hope you've enjoyed learning these random things about me!