Vol. 3, Issue 8
In movie news this week:
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson recently talked about Fast 6 and 7. Oh yeah, that's right. 6 and 7.
- Agent Coulson really is the best. Check out this new photo of Thor and him.
- Here's some information on the X-Men: First Class sequel.
- RED 2 will bring back cast of the first movie.
- A director has been named for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle reboot.
- Here are a few more Wrath of the Titans posters.
- And some new images from Snow White and the Huntsman.
- Gael Garcia Bernal better practice his Z's—he's the new Zorro.
- Kick Ass 2 starts shooting this summer.
- In I-don't-really-know-how-this-can-work news: An I Am Legend sequel is in the works.
A couple of TV spots and a trailer:
The Hunger Games
I really like the viral/fake advertising marketing promotions for The Hunger Games, these animated posters included.
This poster of President Snow is pretty awesome too.
Ah, excellent. (Thank you, Rebecca, for posting the R2D2 on your Pinterest!)
Too many good things going on at once in this poster (click to embiggen)! (Thanks, Mariel!)
Poor Wampa. He's just so misunderstood!
AH-MAZING. (Thanks, Shaun!)
In TV news:
- Community starts up again March 15 (!) and the guy who played Inspector Spacetime wants to start an actual IS webseries.
- The seventh series of Doctor Who has started filming! And here's a first, adorable photo.
- While we're on the subject,
FilchMark Williams and LestradeRupert Graves will be guest starring this season.
- Looks like we'll be seeing a lot of the dwarves on Once Upon a Time come Sunday night.
- The Alcatraz producers promise there will be answers by the end of the season
- Here are a few Game of Thrones character posters and a featurette.
- For those of you who are actually caught up with popular culture, you can now have your very own Downton Abbey trading cards.
- NBC is working on a Hannibal series.
- Milo Ventimiglia has joined L.A. Noir.
- Kristen Kreuk will star in The CW's reboot of Beauty and the Beast.
- Colin Ferguson (Jack Carter on Eureka) is the lead in a new FOX comedy pilot from Bill Lawrence (Scrubs). (Thanks, Wes!)
This week, on When Fandoms Collide ... (Thanks, Colt!)
This definitely begs the question ... who's going to go in that empty pane?
I like the infographic feel of these designs.
I can see Sheldon being OK with this adaptation.
Katie Cook seriously can. Do. No. Wrong. I'm still bummed about losing the tiny picture of Mollie she painted for me at SDCC '09.
SCIENCE! (And tech:)
- Switzerland is building real-life Wall-Es to clean up space junk.
- The latest cure for baldness is here: Tattooed hair!
Yet another great example of when sports meet pop culture: More nerdy hockey helmets. (Thanks, Shaun.)
I totally want a larger-than-life-size R2D2 to drive around! (Kudos to LucasArts for making this kid's wish come true.)
In game news (thanks again to NNGC Wes):
- Need to have a Skyrim map handy? Download this app!
- You can get Mass Effect 3 (ME3) DLC when you by this Liara figurine. Or when you buy the game straight from the PSN.
- How smart is this? ME3 will have reversible cover art. I'm going say that in our house, the FemShep one needs to be out ... I mean, ManShep's already got two!
- Also, did you hear that they're sending ME3 into space?
- The Hunger Games ... game ... could be interesting.
- Penny Arcade and the ESRB are working on a new ratings campaign.
- Two player QWOP?
- Angry Birds, in SPACE!
- There's a new game in the works from Kim Swift, one of Portal's creators.
- If you're interested in a behind-the-scenes look at The Walking Dead game, check out this webseries.
- Australians, take notice: You will soon be able to play more mature games.
- Here's some information on the new game Journey. I'm not exactly sure what it's about, but the trailer's full of lovely music, sweet looking little creatures and sand.
- Who wouldn't want to be able to battle dinosaurs while wearing a jetpack?
- And for those of you who still enjoy the Simpsons, you might want to take a look at this free iOS game.
I keep getting more and more excited to play ME3!
I totally would have enjoyed playing Skyrim more had the sound effects been something like this.
Cats make everything cuter.
If Pokemon looked more like these Little Golden Book-style guys in actuality, I might like the whole phenomena more. (On second thought, no, no I wouldn't. But they're cute!)
I continue to be entertained by silly mashups such as these.
And finally, Poor Worf.