Vol. 3, Issue 5
Happy Groundhog Day, friends! I hope you've been enjoying your version of winter weather, because it looks like we're in for six more weeks. It was 82 degrees in Austin yesterday. I feel jipped.
In TV news:
- Matt Smith doesn't want to break Tom Baker's seven-year record at playing Doctor Who.
- CBS has greenlit a show about nerdy women.
- Time travelers might be part of Star Wars: Underworld.
- Demon Meg is returning to Supernatural.
- Where will the Chuck cast go now that the show has ended? I felt the series finale was a little disappointing ...
- This would get me to watch again: White Collar's Matt Bomer might be playing Blaine's older brother on Glee.
- Here's a calendar of February premieres and finales.
- This might be the plot for the new Beauty and the Beast.
- Comedy fans: Louis CK is working on a new sitcom.
- Here's more news on the new Arrested Development episodes. (Thanks, Shaun!)
- Dwight Schrute is getting his own spin-off. I seriously hope it's called Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica.
- While we're on the topic, Mindy Kaling might be getting her own show as well (but it's not an Office spin-off).
- SyFy's working on a TV/video game hybrid called Defiance.
- This guy will be playing Green Arrow in new show's pilot.
A couple of trailers:
The Walking Dead (the second half of the second season)
Game of Thrones
P.S.—Lysa grosses me out SO MUCH.
These casual Disney ladies are super cute.
In movie news:
- Here are some new promo images from The Avengers.
- And a roundup of info from a recent Avengers live Tweet with Joss Whedon.
- Matthew Vaughn is officially returning for the sequel to X-Men: First Class.
- Donald Sutherland is so awesome, he inspired two new President Snow scenes in The Hunger Games.
- Here's a new image of Katniss and Cinna.
- Even before the movie opens, Ryan Reynolds says R.I.P.D. is set for a sequel.
- Zoe Saldana hints that there will be more of the Spock-Uhura relationship in Star Trek 2.
GandhiBen Kingsley has joined Ender's Game.
- Oh goodness: Adam Sandler will produce and star in the Candyland movie.
- Check out this first image from Skyfall (James Bond 23). I approve of the scruff.
This is a teaser for The Avengers trailer that will be premiering during the Superbowl.
It's Avenger Time!
How cute are the LOTR legos? (Thanks, Annika!)
I'm so happy Danny Haas did versions of his superhero alter-ego prints featuring the ladies.
(I'm also so happy that people commented on the fact that Barbara Gordon is wearing Doug Funnie's clothes.)
These bored superladies are cute too.
Side note: I was just having a conversation with Wes about how ridiculous Power Girl's outfit is, thanks in part to this article.
SCIENCE! (And tech:)
- This jet pack allows you to swim like a dolphin. (Thanks, Wes!)
- Kinect for Windows is now a reality.
Hugs solve everything.
If I didn't like to shove my cables out of view, I'd totally be game for using this guy.
In game news (Thanks again this week go to NN-GC Wes):
- This video introduces some of the cast of Mass Effect 3. I'M SO EXCITED FOR MARCH.
- A Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle game is possibly in the works.
- Did you know that Andy Richter voices characters in Skyrim?
The Mary Sue wrote up a pretty comprehensive explanation of the new Watchmen prequel comics.
And finally, what a great song.