2012—if you ignore those downers the Mayans—could shape up to be a very good year. I don't really "do" New Year's resolutions, but I never turn down the opportunity to make lists. So here are 12 things I'm looking forward to in 2012 (in the order I thought of them, not of importance):
- Starting a 30 before 30 list. (A list within a list? It's listception!)
- Losing the 15ish more pounds I need to lose to reach the goal I tentatively set in 2011.
- Crafting more. Possibly even revamping my Etsy shop. (And learning to take better documentation of my projects.)
- Coming up with new—dare I say, innovative?—content for this blog. And holding more giveaways, just because.
- Watching more awesome movies. The Avengers, The Hobbit, The Hunger Games ...
- Taking trips. Right now we're looking at a possible road trip to Yellowstone (dates TBD) and an anniversary trip coupled with a cousin's wedding in October. We'd love to get to a Con this year too—SDCC's still out due to a work thing /creys—and seeing family that doesn't live in Texas is high up on the priority list as well.
- Making time for books. I've got so many that I want to read!
- Mass Effect 3.
- Expanding my online presence. I've got ideas for both family and professional websites.
- Making new friends and trying to be more social here in the blogosphere, while working toward bettering the aquaintence-ships and friendships I already have. (Which means reading and commenting more.)
- Riding my bike.
- Trying new things. What those things will be, I'm not sure, but that's inherent in the "new" portion of this idea, right?
P.S.—Today is my Dad's birthday. I love this photo of him, so I had to share.