Vol. 3, Issue 1
Welcome to the third volume of Nerd News! Before we get too far into things, however, I wanted to direct your attention to the brand-new Chocolate & Cream Cake Facebook page. Give it a "like" if you're so inclined? (You can also reach the page via the links at the top of the sidebar if you're viewing this on Blogger.) Thanks!
Now, onto what you've come here for. Some of this info is a little old, but it's interesting nonetheless.
In TV news:
- Steven Moffat (MOFFAT!) talked all sort of Doctor Who prior to Christmas, from the "bold new direction of series 7" to the Ponds' leaving. *sniffle*
- While we're on the subject, Helen Mirren would be interested in playin a female Doctor. If anyone could pull it off, it's certainly her!
- The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay—an amazing novel—could become an HBO miniseries.
- Here's a look at Hansel and Gretel from an upcoming episode of Once Upon a Time.
- Farscape creator Rockne O'Bannon is working on a new crime show for The CW.
Rumpelstiltskin goes on (or possibly already went on) sale today.
It's fun to imagine Calvin and Hobbes as badasses.
This is a pretty epic mailbox.
I dig this new League a lot.
This "painting," however, is kind of icky.
In movie news:
- Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock) is Star Trek 2's villain! I'm very excited by this.
- Admiral Pike (Bruce Greenwood) also has a place in Star Trek 2 ... and so does
MickeyNoel Clarke. (Of all the Doctor Who characters who could ... )
- While we're on the subject, here are some possible plot hints.
- Speaking of plot hints, Anne Hathaway's been talking The Dark Knight Rises.
- This could be interesting: Is Bradley Cooper Man of Steel's Lex Luthor?
- Harrison Ford, Abigail Breslin and Brendan Meyer have joined Ender's Game.
- Bruce Campbell, who was in Oz: The Great and Powerful, and then wasn't, is back in.
- The (horribly frightening) Buffy movie seems to have been kiboshed. (Yes, I could have said slayed, but I didn't want to outright copy the article.)
- Here's another image from Brave.
- And some posters from Mirror, Mirror.
- Mirror, Mirror star Lily Collins has joined the Evil Dead remake.
- In news of things we don't need, ever: James Marsden likes the idea of a Cyclops movie.
- Alan Taylor (Game of Thrones) has taken over the direction of Thor 2.
- io9 has posted a list of the sci-fi and fantasy movies to look for in 2012.
- Taylor Swift is playing Eponine in the new Les Miserables adaptation. (Since when did she add "/actor" to her résumé?)
- Check out this Skyfall (the new Bond movie) set video for a little action and a little Ralph Fiennes.
- I'm amused by the new Avengers promo artwork:
- And excited by the new Hunger Games poster:
A couple of previews/clips:
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Underworld: Awakening (TV spot)
These are some sweet posters, particularly the Horcruxes set.
I would totally sport this hoodie, regardless of how ridiculous it looks.
Over this t-shirt.
With this backpack.
And these Princess Leia headphones.
Perhaps a version of this costume, too, on occasion. (For non-Furry purposes, mind you.)
Maybe to go nosh on a Dark Vador burger while I'm at it?
On second thought, no, that looks gross ... and the Jedi one looks even worse!
Open mic night on the Death Star seems like it would be a total hoot.
SCIENCE! (And tech.)
- This site will send you emails filled with what you were doing online a year ago. (Like FB's timeline, but integrating Twitter, Foursquare and Instagram, too. Plus, it's cute!)
- Science often gets it wrong ... here's what was wrong in 2011.
- Microsoft is working on a holodeck (!).
- A "lost world" has been discovered under Antarctica.
Also for free, and online: A sample chapter of The Winds of Winter, the next Song of Ice and Fire book.
Feast of Fiction, a new online series about the cooking of fictional foods, looks like a lot of fun. (Thanks, Rachel!)
How perfect is it that Belle is Rogue in this drawing?
These ladies are totes adorable as well.
Today's RIPT Apparel and Woot shirts are excellent.
And finally, you know I love me some movie trailer mashups: