Vol. 3, Issue 3
I want this to happen SO BAD. On TV. In a movie.
In TV news:
- More quasi-news about the Ponds' exit from Doctor Who from Karen G.
- John Simm would love to play The Master again.
- This is one random TV-only character I can get behind: Christopher Heyerdahl has joined the cast of True Blood.
- The Walking Dead's third season has been confirmed, and it'll be three episodes longer than the first two. Here's a short preview for the second half of season two:
- CBS has greenlight a modern day Sherlock Holmes based in
LondonNew York City called Elementary.
- Also, there will be a third series of Sherlock. I'm still miffed we have to wait until MAY to watch it (officially) here in the states.
- Will the new CW Green Arrow show be more angsty than heroic?
- NBC is currently developing a Dracula series.
- Season 4 of Warehouse 13 has been increased to 20 episodes.
- The second series of Game of Thrones will start April 1.
- Russell T. Davies is working on a new kids show about aliens and wizard called ... Aliens vs. Wizards.
- I bet the Honey Badger would give a shit about having his own TV show.
- While I no longer keep up with Glee, I might consider watching for this reveal: One of Rachel's two gay dads will be played by Jeff Goldblum.
- While he might be retiring from movies, George Lucas is still working on Star Wars: Underworld.
- Have you missed seeing the Stargate crews together? Here's a list of what a few of them have been doing since the untimely cancellation of SG:A. (Speaking of, in a round-about way, did anyone else notice the 3+ Sanctuary actors in the premiere of Alcatraz?)
- EEE! Check out these three preview videos for Avatar: The Legend of Korra:
I really, really love this Doctor Who/Back to the Future mashup. Think cosplaying Rose as Marty would be too obscure?
These Community mashups are pretty excellent as well. (Thanks, Mark!)
Since there's no A-Team sequel in the works, I will have to appease myself with art like this.
More great minimalist Game of Thrones house art.
In movie news:
- This makes me upset, if it's for real: Has Chuck Norris neutered The Expendables? (Thanks, Shaun!)
- Disney's working on an adaptation of the Broadway musical Into the Woods.
- Is the Deadpool movie actually in progress?
- Diablo Cody's Sweet Valley High will be ... a musical.
- The Avengers will focus more on Cap's point of view.
- Catching Fire has a screenwriter, and he won an Oscar for his work on Slumdog Millionaire.
- Here are a few new images from Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.
This Droid Feelings series is awesome.
I like this version of the iconic Star Wars poster, but Han as a housecat? Really? Let's switch the tiger head with the housecat and we're golden.
Ideas for Mollie for next Halloween:
Our Lord of the Death Star?
I can't resist adorable stuffed versions of nerdy characters.
Neither can I resist a well-done movie trailer mashup.
Similarly, it's so fun to see the spirit of Calvin and Hobbes kept alive through mashups.
I like this TRON poster set. There's something very reminiscent of Dune about them. And yes, I liked TRON: Legacy.
Embarassingly, I can only recognize about half of these. What about you?
- These are really obvious dangers of teleportation that I hadn't really considered. (Thanks, Wes!)
- You know you've wondered: The government did studies on the dangers of farting in space.
In other gaming news, Bethesda has won the rights to a Fallout MMO.
This blog is filled with amazing amounts of Nintendo papercraft. (Thanks, Wes.)
This is awesome: Real Rorschach mask with ink that changes shape.
And finally, what I hope comes after The Ponds leave Doctor Who.