Vol. 3, Issue 4
In movie news:
- Here's the official plot synopsis of The Amazing Spider-Man.
- This new blog—Capitol Couture—is dedicated to the fashion of The Hunger Games.
- Ryan Reynolds and Reese Witherspoon have joined a new Tim Burton movie.
- The new Tinkerbell movie, starring
Effie TrinketElizabeth Banks, will be more Elf, less Pixie Hollow.
- Bone might be coming to a theater near you.
- The new Arthur & Lancelot is on hold.
The Hunger Games
And here's a trailer for the new Wes Anderson movie, Moonrise Kingdom.
I want this dress so badly!
I love this Tank Girl spoof. I've always considered Leia a true badass, so it's nice to see her like this.
I love these dogs, and I'm looking forward to seeing the actual commercial during the Super Bowl ... particularly since I care nothing for either of the teams involved. *grumble*49ers*grumble* (Thanks, Shaun!)
In TV news:
- Syfy is working on a new time travel show called Rewind.
- Mythbusters Jamie and Adam will be hosting a new competition show in which participants will be designing Rube Goldberg machines.
- Here's a set design video from Game of Thrones' season 2.
- Does the possibility of an L.A. Noir show starring Shane from The Walking Dead (Jon Bernthal) mean bad things for Shane?
- If—and it seems it's a big if—The CW's Green Arrow comes to fruition, Black Canary will be a main character.
I am so proud of the person running the Statue of Liberty Twitter feed.
In gaming news (Thanks, C&CC Gaming Consultant Wes!):
- For those of you outside of the US, Canada or Mexico, you will soon be able to play a Star Trek-themed Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.
- Here's a look at the Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock. And a look at the monsters in the game. And more news on the game's March 2012 release.
- Is the world ready for the Xbox 720?
- There's now Muppet DLC for Little Big Planet.
These altered Victorian portraits are kinda spooky, but that makes me like them all the more?
Vaguely inappropriate? Sure. But also great. I'd like to think Dr. King would enjoy it too. (Thanks, Wes.)
This tour of Toronto through the pages of Scott Pilgrim make me want to visit there! (Thanks, Shaun.)
- A Russian scientist claims to have discovered life on Venus.
- The art of fragrance is a science, yes? You can now smell like The Avengers. And Loki. And Nick Fury.