I'm not nearly political enough (or educated enough on the issue) to join in today's anti-SOPA blackout without feeling like a total faker. I will, however, use today's post to spread information on the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) and its Senate counterpart, the Protect IP Act (PIPA). Take a gander at these links (some of which will be blacked out today, but are definitely worth a read tomorrow):
- The official home of the SOPA strike.
- Some information on the acts, and the recent Obama administration opposition, from The Mary Sue.
- Google's informative petition microsite.
- An FAQ on how SOPA might affect you.
- A great post on why he joined the blackout by friend of C&CC Dark Touch.
A look at SOPA from Stephen Colbert:
And The Oatmeal's plea to do it for the kittens.