Vol. 5, Issue 14
Hey, kids! So the Mister and I have finally caught up on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and, well, it’s pretty damn good. I adore how Marvel’s tied the movies and the show into each other so well. I’m still meh oh Skye and Ward—even with recent developments—and Ming Na is still THE WORST, but the rest of the characters are great and the plots are interesting. I’m glad we didn’t give up completely!
In movie news this week:
- Paul Bettany has officially confirmed that he will be playing The Vision in The Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- Here are some new photos from Guardians of the Galaxy and some info on how it’ll tie into Avengers 3.
- The X-Men: Days of Future Past viral website "25 Moments" is really cool.
- Anna Paquin’s Rogue hasn’t been completely ousted from the movie. Here’s why.
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will include an X-Men: Days of Future Past post-credits scene, but that doesn’t mean the two movies will be crossing over.
- Fox is investigating solo Mystique, Deadpool and Gambit movies. Channing Tatum is once again rumored as a frontrunner to play Remy. (Sigh.)
- Hans Zimmer will score Batman vs. Superman.
- Karen Gillan’s hair—just her hair—might be in Star Wars: Episode VII.
- The first set photos (maybe) of Star Wars: Episode VII have been released, and unknown Maisie Richardson-Sellers might have a role in the movie.
- Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness are getting a very limited re-release; at the showings, the movies' scores will be played by live orchestras.
- Paul Walker’s brothers will fill in for Paul in Fast & Furious 7.
- The third Hobbit might be getting a new subtitle: Into the Fire rather than There and Back Again.
- Although James Cameron is already working on Avatars 2 and 3, Fox is interested in making even more movies in the franchise.
- The company is also, apparently, looking into a Mrs. Doubtfire sequel. (Thanks, Rebecca!)
- New photos from Maleficent have been released.
- Fox has picked up the rights to Mark Millar’s comic Superior, which “centers on a popular and athletic 12-year-old boy who loses his social life when he is stricken by multiple sclerosis. One night, an alien monkey grants the boy one wish and he chooses to become his favorite superhero, a Superman-like character named Superior. After relishing his new life as a hero, the boy discovers that the monkey is actually a demon from Hell and he must sell his soul if he is to remain the powerful hero—or return to his original body.”
- Penelope Cruz might be playing a Bond girl.
- Zeus Carver (Samuel L. Jackson) could have a role in Die Hard 6.
- Want some Transformers: Age of Extinction details? Here you go.
- The writers of Star Trek 3 are also working on a Flash Gordon film.
Here are some trailers and clips:
Edge of Tomorrow
Guardians of the Galaxy
How to Train Your Dragon 2
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Thanks, Wes!)
X-Men: Days of Future Past
I don't understand why Charles is walking?